Thursday 17 January 2013

Whey protein smoothie

I choose to keep good quality, unadulterated whey protein concentrate in my primal diet - my muscles recover faster from exercise when I drink it afterwards. I use Pink Sun 'Everyday Whey', which has no nasty additives.

My goal with this smoothie is to drink protein and carbohydrates right after my workout with minimal fat (which would slow the absorption) to give the muscles what they need to repair. I also wanted to add some (not loads, again I don't want to slow absorption) fibre as I find that whey protein without it can affect my digestion a bit. After much tinkering, this is my go-to post-exercise treat.


Whey protein smoothie

200ml chilled water
60ml coconut milk
1 banana, peeled
2 fresh dates, pitted
1 25g scoop Everyday Whey
1/2 tbsp raw cacao powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
5 ice cubes

Add ingredients to the Vitamix in the order listed. Start at speed 1, ramp up to speed 10 then switch to high. Blend at high speed for 30 seconds. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete